Please apply by:
- Sending resumes directly to Matt Wellwood, Human Resources Manager;
- Completing our online application; or
- Visiting our Employer page on Careerlink.com
Weekend Food Program Support Staff - Omaha, NE
Job Type: Part-time Employee
The Weekend Food Program Support Staff has the overall responsibility to ensure children within the Completely KIDS programs have their nutritional needs met through overseeing the afterschool snack (including weekly fruit) and the Weekend Food Program.
Essential Job Functions
Weekend Food Program
- Utilize created menus to ensure variety
- Order food from Hy-Vee weekly via email. Receives deliveries, ensuring all food is received and inventoried. Stock food.
- Order fresh fruit from Sysco. Receives deliveries, counts inventory, and stocks fruit.
- Lead a group of up to 25 volunteers on a weekly basis to unpack food and fill bags for Programs.
- Code receipts by Program and submits weekly to Program Manager.
Afterschool Program Weekly Snack
- Create menus to ensure meals are nutritionally balanced, using Completely KIDS menu options and rotating accordingly.
- Order food from Hy-Vee weekly via email. Receives deliveries, ensuring all food is received. Stock food.
- Code receipts by Program and submits weekly to Director, Community Services.
- Orders paper supplies such as plates, napkins, cups, trash bags, plastic utensils, and bowls on a monthly/bimonthly basis for afterschool programs.
- Track inventory of supplies, ensuring Programs have enough on hand.
Related Duties as Assigned
The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Therefore, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
*Reliable attendance/punctuality is an ongoing essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to organize work, have attention to detail, and plan/prepare for future work.
- Present professional appearance and demeanor.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work, problem solve, be assertive and make decisions with minimal supervision when required.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Basic math skills necessary to ensure accuracy of inventory and receipt records.
Required of all positions:
- Knowledge of Completely KIDS mission, values, vision, and ethical standards.
- Knowledge Completely KIDS company requirements including but not limited to the Employee Handbook and all organization-wide policies for compliance and compliance procedures affecting specific duties and responsibilities.
- Volunteer or paid experience working with food program, grocery or inventory.
- Volunteer or paid experience working on administrative tasks such as data entry, ordering, inventory counting, and receipt review.
- Volunteer or paid experience working with a team and providing basic training on tasks.
- High school education required.
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service, inventory, administrative, or similar field.
Licensure, Certifications and Other Designations
Number directly supervised: None
Number indirectly supervised: None
|Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer.||x|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with others.||x|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||x|
Work is generally performed within a kitchen environment, with standard office equipment available. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds as needed is required. Position requires the ability to stand and walk the majority of the time and to stand and lift food onto shelves.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
About Completely KIDS℠
Completely KIDS ensures that our families have access to the knowledge and skills necessary to break the cycle of poverty. It’s our mission to educate and empower kids and families to create a safe, healthy, successful and connected community. In supporting this mission, we assist more than 2,000 children and families each year in overcoming barriers, as a result of poverty, to their success.