Completely KIDS has a great opportunity for teens to prepare them for successful careers and become leaders in their community. To be eligible for the Teen Employment Program at Completely KIDS, applicants must be:
- 16 years or older
- Enrolled in high school
- Former participants of a Completely KIDS program
Applicants who are selected will participate in workshops, mentoring and paid employment at an assigned Completely KIDS site, which will help them gain valuable skills and knowledge to become successful in their future. All participants will also be eligible to receive one of four $1,000 scholarships.
Junior Support Staff – Omaha, NE
Job Type: Part-time Employee
The Junior Support Staff has the overall responsibility of assisting program support staff with the direct service delivery of the out of school time programs at an assigned site while working with Kindergarten-6th grade youth, as well as overseeing maintenance and inventory of the entire site.
Supervision of Children
- Move through classroom and other spaces to effectively interact with youth as assigned by Program Coordinator.
- Repositioning self in order to maintain supervision of all youth at all times.
- Assist Program Support Staff to maintain daily schedule in a timely manner, staying on task and completing all activities.
- Monitor assigned group at all times, always working with youth in the presence of another Completely KIDS staff member.
Education of Children
- Provide one-on-one homework help and tutoring to students most in need, as assigned by Program Coordinator or Program Support Staff.
- Co-facilitate with Program Support Staff in teaching daily academic and enrichment lessons to a group of 10-20 youth with enthusiasm.
Maintenance & Inventory
- Keep all program materials fully stocked and notify Program Coordinator when ordering is needed.
- Complete inventory of program materials once per month.
- Provide maintenance and cleaning duties as assigned by Program Coordinator.
- Complete other maintenance & inventory duties assigned by Program Staff or Program Coordinator.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures of organization.
- Follow schedule and ensure structured activities are safe.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and boundaries at all times.
- Assist with youth/parent arrival and dismissal per program’s procedure.
- Report youth’s behavior and family concerns to Program Staff and Program Coordinator.
- Develop respectful relationships with persons from a variety of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Professional Growth and Development
- Attend all assigned trainings approved by Program Coordinator or Transition Coordinator.
Related Duties as Assigned
- The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Therefore, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
*Reliable attendance/punctuality is an ongoing essential job function.
We look for candidates who have or are able to learn the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to be sensitive and confidential when working on issues with children and families.
- Ability to organize work, have attention to detail, and plan/prepare for future work.
- Present professional appearance and demeanor.
- Use good judgment and serve as a role model for children.
- Build strong relationships, engage with youth, and interact well with different individuals.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work and problem solve
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
Required of All Positions
- Knowledge of Completely KIDS mission, values, vision, and ethical standards.
- Knowledge of Completely KIDS company requirements including but not limited to the Employee Handbook and all organization-wide policies for compliance and compliance procedures affecting specific duties and responsibilities.
Requirement of Position
- Proof of high school enrollment
- Completely KIDS alumni
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred