Please apply by:
- Sending resumes directly to Matt Wellwood, Human Resources Manager; or
- Completing our online application
Resource Development Assistant - Omaha, NE
Job Type: Full-time Employee
The Resource Development Assistant has the overall responsibility to ensure children and families within the Completely KIDS programs have their nutritional and personal needs met by overseeing the Weekend Food Program and In-Kind Donation Room.
Weekend Food Program
- Utilize created menus to ensure variety.
- Order food from Hy-Vee weekly via email. Receive deliveries, ensuring all food is delivered and inventoried. Stock food.
- Includes pop, sugar, coffee and other items needed for the break room.
- Lead groups of volunteers weekly to unpack food and fill bags for programs.
- Code receipts by program and submit weekly to Resource Development Manager.
- Inventory all food on a weekly basis.
- Maintain all weekend food tools such as bins and tables.
- Deliver weekend food and pick up bins weekly.
Afterschool Program Weekly Snack
- Place orders for program snack through Hy-Vee.
- Facilitate delivery of food for all food initiatives as directed by manager.
In-Kind Donation Room
- Inventory and sort in-kind donations.
- Coordinate donation pick-up and delivery.
- Maintain in-kind room including racks, tables and shelving.
- Lead groups of volunteers.
- Complete Carpenter order for paper supplies including plates, napkins, cups, trash bags, plastic utensils, and bowls on a monthly/bimonthly basis.
- Track inventory of supplies.
Related Duties as Assigned
The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Therefore, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
*Reliable attendance/punctuality is an on-going essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lift, stoop and stand for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to lead a group of volunteers through volunteering experience.
- Present professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work, problem solve, be assertive and make decisions with minimal supervision when required.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
- Ability to maintain organization, attention to detail and plan for future work.
- Experience with or ability to learn inventory software.
- Basic math skills necessary to ensure accuracy of inventory and receipt records.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to complete and abide by safety requirements.
Required of All Positions
- Knowledge of Completely KIDS mission, values, vision, and ethical standards.
- Knowledge Completely KIDS company requirements including but not limited to the Employee Handbook and all organization-wide policies for compliance and compliance procedures affecting specific duties and responsibilities.
- Volunteer or paid experience working with food program, grocery or inventory systems/processes.
- Volunteer or paid experience working on administrative tasks such as data entry, ordering, inventory counting, and receipt review.
- Volunteer or paid experience working with a team and providing basic training on tasks.
- Stocking or warehouse experience preferred.
- High school education required.
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service, inventory, warehouse, administrative, or similar field.
Licensure, Certifications and other Designations
|Number directly supervised:||Number indirectly supervised:|
|Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer.||x|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with others.||x|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system.||x|
Work is generally performed within a kitchen environment, with standard office equipment available. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as needed is required. Position requires the ability to stand and walk the majority of the time and to stand and lift items onto shelves.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.