Please apply by:
- Sending resumes directly to Matt Wellwood, Human Resources Manager;
- Completing our online application; or
- Visiting our Employer page on Careerlink.com
Program Coordinator - Omaha, NE
Job Type: Full-Time Employee
The Program Coordinator has the overall responsibility for administration, direct supervision, planning, and community relationships within their designated after-school program site. The Program Coordinator facilitates the provision of services for students, families, and the community through guidelines and expectations set forth by the agency and/or federal grant initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Purchase program supplies, materials, and food according to agency standards.
- Recruit program participants to meet agency expectations.
- Select age-appropriate programming to meet Completely KIDS mission and stated requirements.
- Apply and integrate current youth development research and best practices into program planning.
- Create positive relationships with the youth and families.
- Respond to individual needs of each youth, including those with special needs, while recognizing cultural, social, and environmental factors that may affect the development and behavior of youth.
- Engage youth in a variety of activities that foster the physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of youth.
- Ensure program is operating at an adult to child ratio in accordance with agency standards.
- Work with Director of Community Services and Community Resource Manager to establish community partnerships to strengthen the program on a regular basis.
- Work with parents, school staff, and youth on behavior modification and meeting the needs of families in accordance to agency standards.
- Follow health and safety guidelines established by the agency.
- Provide youth and families with donations and resources as needed.
- Show flexibility with regard to work schedule in order to best meet the needs of youth and families.
- Maintains an orderly, safe, and clean work environment.
- Monitor and manage program budget.
- Ensure compliance of agency guidelines and grant/partnership requirements.
- Assist with grant writing and reporting as required.
- Maintain data accuracy including data maintenance and entry into appropriate databases in accordance with agency standards, including all agency and grant reporting.
- Attend and participate in agency and community training opportunities and meetings as requested.
- Maintain and update succession plans and safety plans annually.
- Follow up on all written and verbal communications within 24 hours.
- Conduct routine program evaluations in accordance with agency policy.
- Work with agency employees to build partnerships and maximize program budgets to enhance all agency programs and initiatives.
Hiring and Management of Staff
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of assigned staff including supervision, evaluation and training.
- Ensure there is adequate and qualified staff to carry out the agency programs and services.
- Responsible for the selection, hiring, development and discipline of appropriate staff.
- Maintain a Completely KIDS presence in the on-site and community as requested.
- Identify, establish, and/or maintain relationships with community partners.
- Have regular formal meetings with principals or school staff as required
- Establish and maintain regular contact with children’s family/guardians
- Develop respectful relationships with persons from a variety of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Develop respectful, professional relationships with coworkers, school personnel, and community partners to enhance programming and opportunities for youth and families
- Conduct community presentations as required
Related Duties as Assigned
The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Therefore, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
*Reliable attendance is an ongoing essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The demonstrated ability to independently manage the details of multiple programs and projects, to track activities and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate well with a variety of people including excellent written and interpersonal skills necessary for achieving goals and resolving conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to be a leader. Ability to plan, direct and review the work of others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to set and meet goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and self-starting skills.
Required of all positions:
- Knowledge of Completely KIDS mission, values, vision, and ethical standards.
- Knowledge of Completely KIDS company requirements including but not limited to the Employee Handbook and all organization-wide policies for compliance and compliance procedures affecting specific duties and responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of direct service experience working with at-risk youth and families required.
- 1-2 years supervision experience strongly preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance that meets agency requirements.
- Active involvement in community organizations or coalitions preferred.
- Experience with program design preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Psychology, or related field required.
Licensure, Certifications and Other Designations
Number directly supervised: 10 to 15
Number indirectly supervised: None
|Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer.||x|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with others.||x|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||x|
Work is generally performed within a school and/or office environment. Position requires flexibility with work hours to accommodate program sites (so schedule is typically 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, with some additional evening and weekend work as required).
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
About Completely KIDS℠
Completely KIDS ensures that our families have access to the knowledge and skills necessary to break the cycle of poverty. It’s our mission to educate and empower kids and families to create a safe, healthy, successful and connected community. In supporting this mission, we assist more than 2,000 children and families each year in overcoming barriers, as a result of poverty, to their success.