Please apply by:
- Sending resumes directly to Matt Wellwood, Human Resources Manager;
- Completing our online application; or
- Visiting our Employer page on Careerlink.com
Assistant Program Support Staff - Omaha, NE
Job Type: Part-time Employee
The Program Assistant has the overall responsibility for assisting in the administration, direct supervision, planning and maximizing of their designated after school program. The Program Assistant is a coordinator-in-training, a person who knows all of the important details of the after-school program and can ensure the program runs smoothly.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists Coordinator in planning program activities, training staff on site, and monitoring the distribution, completion, and reporting of required paperwork as assigned.
- Ensure program is in compliance with expectations and specific grant guidelines/partnerships.
- Maintain 100% accuracy of data entry and maintenance into appropriate databases including but not limited to demographics, attendance, and service learning.
- Manage and monitor parent engagement according to agency standards.
- Apply and integrate current youth development and best practices into program.
- Complete all agency and grant reports on time and at 100% accuracy.
- Work with agency employees seeking out donations, building partnerships, and maximizing program budgets to enhance all agency programs and initiatives.
- Recognize cultural, social and environmental factors that may affect the development and behavior of youth.
- Create positive relationships with the youth and families.
- Responds to the individual needs of each youth, including those with special needs.
- Ensure youth are engaged in a variety of activities that foster the physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of youth and align with Completely KIDS core components.
- Ensure program is operating at an adult to child ratio in accordance with agency standards.
- Work with parents, school, and youth on behavior modification and meeting the needs of families in accordance to agency standards.
- Follow health and safety guidelines established by the agency.
- Attend one out of program time community event per semester and summer with youth.
- Maintains an orderly, safe, and clean work environment.
- Responsible for ordering, picking up, organizing, and distributing the snack/meals.
Related Duties as Assigned
The job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Therefore, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
*Reliable attendance/punctuality is an ongoing essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both oral and written), demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to be sensitive and confidential when working on issues with children and families.
- Ability to organize work, have attention to detail, and plan/prepare for future work.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of customer service.
Required of all positions:
- Knowledge of Completely KIDS mission, values, vision, and ethical standards.
- Knowledge Completely KIDS company requirements including but not limited to the Employee Handbook and all organization-wide policies for compliance and compliance procedures affecting specific duties and responsibilities.
- Volunteer or paid experience working with school age children
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred (not required)
- Experience working with at risk youth
- High school education with two years of college in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Human Service or related field (1-2 years of directly related experience may be equivalent)
Licensure, Certifications and Other Designations
Number directly supervised: None
Number indirectly supervised: 8 to 12
|Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer.||x|
|Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with others.||x|
|Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.||x|
Work is generally performed onsite at an elementary or middle school location. Position requires the ability to stand and walk the majority of the time to move the children from one learning area to another, including outdoor activities.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
About Completely KIDS℠
Completely KIDS ensures that our families have access to the knowledge and skills necessary to break the cycle of poverty. It’s our mission to educate and empower kids and families to create a safe, healthy, successful and connected community. In supporting this mission, we assist more than 2,000 children and families each year in overcoming barriers, as a result of poverty, to their success.